The Warwick to Ephrata Rail-Trail (WERT) is a system that connects the following municipalities: Lititz Borough, Warwick Township, Ephrata Township, Akron Borough and Ephrata Borough.
The current trail extends 7.5 miles through villages, farmland, and forested areas. The trail features 8 access points with parking and half a dozen restroom stops. Historic downtown Ephrata and Lititz bookend the trail, making for a 15 mile round-trip trek on foot or bicycle.
The WERT is popular for walkers and runners and bicyclists year-round and skiers in the winter. The trail features a mild grade running across paved and unpaved sections.
WERT Rules & Regulations
WERT Event Request Application *See Event Calendar Below*
If your organization, company, or group would like to host an event using the WERT or WERT access points, please submit a request using the above link. All group/organization/event use must be pre-approved due to traffic, trail user, and public safety. Questions? RonStief@lititzrec.com
Parking locations with access to WERT:
- Lititz Springs Park (24 N Broad St. Lititz, PA 17543)
- Warwick Twp. Municipal Building (315 Clay Rd. Lititz, PA 17543)
- 100 Block of Millway Rd. Ephrata, PA 17522
- Intersection of Steinmetz Rd & Parkview Heights Rd across a dead-end street from ACI (ACI address is 10 Parkview Heights Rd. Ephrata, PA 17522)
- 0 Block of East Queen St. Ephrata, PA 17522
- Ephrata Linear Park / Winters Leadership Memorial located along and accessible from 200 Block of Railroad Ave. Ephrata, PA 17522
Click Here to reserve a bike from the Bike Share!
Reserve your ride on the WERT through Lititz Bike Works 2 hr and 4 hr reservations available.
The calendar below will have all WERT events/races listed.
To request use of the WERT for a scheduled event, complete this REQUEST for USE.