The current trail extends 7.5 miles through villages, farmland, and forested areas. The trail features 8 access points with parking and half a dozen restroom stops. Historic downtown Ephrata and Lititz bookend the trail, making for a 15 mile round-trip trek.
The WERT is popular for walkers and runners and bicyclists year-round and skiers in the winter. The trail features a mild grade running across paved and unpaved sections.
VOTED 1st BEST BIKING/HIKING/JOGGING TRAIL
Parking locations with access to WERT:
- Lititz Springs Park (24 N Broad St. Lititz, PA 17543)
- Warwick Twp. Municipal Building (315 Clay Rd. Lititz, PA 17543)
- 100 Block of Millway Rd. Ephrata, PA 17522
- Intersection of Steinmetz Rd & Parkview Heights Rd across a dead-end street from ACI (ACI address is 10 Parkview Heights Rd. Ephrata, PA 17522)
- 0 Block of East Queen St. Ephrata, PA 17522
- Ephrata Linear Park / Winters Leadership Memorial located along and accessible from 200 Block of Railroad Ave. Ephrata, PA 17522
Click Here to sign up for the Bike Share!
The calendar below will have all WERT events/races listed.