The current trail extends 7.5 miles through villages, farmland, and forested areas. The trail features 8 access points with parking and half a dozen restroom stops. Historic downtown Ephrata and Lititz bookend the trail, making for a 15 mile round-trip trek on foot or bicycle.
The WERT is popular for walkers and runners and bicyclists year-round and skiers in the winter. The trail features a mild grade running across paved and unpaved sections.
If your organization, company, or group would like to host an event using the WERT or WERT access points, please submit a request using the above link. All group/organization/event use must be pre-approved due to traffic, trail user, and public safety. Questions? RonStief@lititzrec.com
Parking locations with access to WERT:
- Lititz Springs Park (24 N Broad St. Lititz, PA 17543)
- Warwick Twp. Municipal Building (315 Clay Rd. Lititz, PA 17543)
- 100 Block of Millway Rd. Ephrata, PA 17522
- Intersection of Steinmetz Rd & Parkview Heights Rd across a dead-end street from ACI (ACI address is 10 Parkview Heights Rd. Ephrata, PA 17522)
- 0 Block of East Queen St. Ephrata, PA 17522
- Ephrata Linear Park / Winters Leadership Memorial located along and accessible from 200 Block of Railroad Ave. Ephrata, PA 17522
Click Here to sign up for the Bike Share!
Reserve your ride on the WERT through Lititz Bike Works 2 hr and 4 hr reservations available.
The calendar below will have all WERT events/races listed.
To request use of the WERT for a scheduled event, complete this REQUEST for USE.